Breathing is a safe and natural way to quickly stimulate your autonomic nervous system. Most of us are stuck on autopilot, and we're getting bounced around by our environment leaving us feeling wired but tired, imbalanced, and frazzled. Yoga breathing offers many of the same benefits as meditation, but it's easier to learn, can be practiced anywhere, and the results are felt immediately..
Did you know....
- Most of us breathe backwards. When we breathe in, the stomach goes in and when we breathe out the stomach comes out, which messes with our autonomic nervous system.
- The diaphragm is the main muscle for breathing, it contracts on inhalation which causes the stomach to grow like a balloon, and relaxes on exhalation.
- Poor breathing has negative effects on our mental and physical health.
- Breathing can change your blood PH (acid/alkaline) in minutes. No food, exercise or medication acts as quickly.
- Reduced rate breathing can stimulate a rest and digest, parasympathetic nervous system state to help with sleep, stress, and anxiety.
- Diaphragmatic breathing massages the Vagus Nerve and reduces the heart rate, lowers blood pressure, and reduces stress.
- Severe respiratory conditions like asthma can often be managed by increasing CO2 levels in the blood.
- Breathing can help reduce the fear of public speaking, improve digestion, reduce insomnia, lower stress, anxiety.
Breathing has been practiced for thousands of years, but this modern approach demystifies the practices and focuses on real-world science and results. No experience necessary, these practices are accessible to everyone.
During these 4 weeks, you will have access to a step-by-step guide to discover the potential of your breath and simple exercises that you can do anywhere to relax, and recharge you throughout the day.